About Cymraeg Campus
Our school is working to achieve the Cymraeg Campus Language Charter. We are trying to increase the use of Welsh by pupil, staff and the wider school community.
We have three awards to work towards -bronze, silver and gold. We have ten targets to achieve for each award.
Our school has an active Criw Cymraeg – a group of pupils who promote Welsh. Our Criw Cymraeg will lead the Charter.
Our Criw Cymraeg
Brawddeg yr Wythnos – Phrase of the Week
We have ten targets to achieve to gain the Bronze Cymraeg Campus Award
- A visual Welsh ethos is beginning to be established
- A majority of the pupils have an understanding and respect for the culture and language
- Pupils are beginning to speak Welsh in a variety of situations within their classrooms
- Pupils are beginning to speak Welsh in a variety of situations outside their classrooms
- There is a weekly Welsh assembly
- Pupils are encouraged to use Apps and websites to learn Welsh
- The school organises some enrichment activities to develop pupils use and enjoyment of Welsh
- Welsh guided reading groups are held fortnightly
- Aspects of one subject is beginning to be taught through the medium of Welsh
- A majority of the pupils have a positive attitude towards learning Welsh
Apps for Welsh
These are some of the apps we use in school. You can find them in the app stores for Android and Apple.